Microdermabrasion is a form of skin resurfacing (or skin peeling). It is non-invasive and non surgical. It mechanically exfoliates the skin with micro-crystals removing dead cells, improving skin texture and smoothing away irregularities. Microdermabrasion also acts to stimulate the production of fresh new skin cells and collagen.
After your treatment your skin will have a fresh pink glow and a smoother feel and with continued treatments, you will notice a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, age spots, enlarged pores and uneven pigmentation which helps your skin look softer, smoother, firmer and younger.*
Microdermabrasion is pain-free and suitable for both men and woman and beneficial for a broad range of skin conditions.*
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.
- Acne prone skins
- Acne scarring
- Blackhead and congested skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Uneven pigmentation
- Uneven skin texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Eczema / dermatitis
- Active acne
- Active cold sores
- Immune deficiency
- Skin cancer
- Use of steroids
- A full consultation with a practitioner is required to assess your suitability and to answer any questions you may have. The consultation is free and treatment can be carried out on the same day. A sample treatment may also be performed on your hand to verify the painlessness and effectiveness of microdermabrasion.
- Discontinue all AHA, Glycolic products, and any exfoliating products for a minimum of three days prior to treatment and cease usage for the duration of your treatment course.
- Discontinue all retin A, Renova or similar products for three weeks prior to treatment and post treatment. Do not use for the duration of our treatment course.
- If you are prone to severe cold sores, it is advisable to obtain a prescription from you doctor for anti viral medication which should be started at least 1 day prior to treatment.
- Avoid facial fillers or Botox for 14 days prior to treatment. Ensure the skin has completely settled and returned to its normal state post treatment before having facial fillers or Botox.
- A prescribed homecare range can be recommended to enhance your in-clinic treatment and help to achieve further benefits.
Once your practitioner has established your requirements, a treatment programme will be designed to suit your needs. The typical length between treatments is 10-14 days, however this may change after a programme has been set.
- A pink glow or mild redness lasting from a one hour to a couple of days.
- Usually after a 24 hr period your skin will return to normal colour and feel much smoother and cleaner.
- A tingling or slightly “wind swept” sensation, lasting from one hour to a couple of days.
- Slight dryness or tightness of the skin, lasting from one to fourteen days.
- If an intense treatment is performed, healing times may be longer.
- We advise that you do not apply make up to the treated area immediately after treatment. It is ideal to wait at least three hours but 24 hrs is preferable. However mineral make up is the exception and can be applied free of charge following this procedure and can be purchased from the clinic for you to use at home.
- Do not carry out excessive exercise for 24 hours. (Perspiration may cause stinging and additional blood flow may prolong redness).
- Do not expose the area to heat i.e. saunas, steam rooms, hot showers etc.
- Do not use any exfoliating methods or rub the treated area with flannels or towels.
Is there anything I should do following a microdermabrasion?
- Protect your skin by applying a full spectrum sunscreen daily, regardless of whether conditions.
- Keep the skin well moisturised especially for the first three to four days following treatment. A non- perfumed high quality product is recommended and can be purchased at the clinic.
- Enjoy the renewed, smoother and fresher texture of your skin.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.
Here you will find some of the great things people have said concerning our Microdermabrasion services.
Wow! Is all I can say after having microdermabrasion my skin looks brighter and healthier. You can actually feel it working. My skin now looks and feels great!
Microdermabrasion & skin peel combination
I had suffered with acne from the age of 18. I had been to my doctors and tried every pill and cream that was available, but none of them seemed to work. Since having a course of microdermabrasion and skin peels, the changes have been unbelievable. It has boosted my self confidence enormously. My skin has never looked or felt so clean and blemish free. I am so grateful.
I had microdermabrasion and skin peel to treat pigmentation on my face. I am very happy with the result. I had been so aware of the patches since my last pregnancy and people would often comment and ask what they were. The staff at Bodilight are excellent, very supportive and professional and take great care with their consultation, treatment and aftercare. I have no hesitation in recommending their services to everyone.
Microdermabrasion & skin peel
My nose has always been heavily smothered in blackheads and my cheeks were full of open pores, which almost looked like pitting caused through acne. After a single treatment my nose looked clearer and my open pores appeared smaller. I have since had 3 further treatments and have loved the effects. I now have a treatment once every 8 weeks or so to maintain the results and prevent congestion.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.
Please note the huge saving you can make when you pre pay for a treatment course of 6 sessions.
|Per Treatment||Course of 6||Saving|
|Microdermabrasion Full face||£45||£216||£54|
|Microdermabrasion & Hydratone Mask||£55||£264||£66|
|Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.|
Bodilight live and breathe the beauty industry and offer the very latest cutting edge treatments, carried out only to the very highest standards. Below you’ll find a range of specialist aesthetic treatments we offer. Click on any one of the images below to find out more.