There are some questionable remarks made regarding beauty so we would like to clear them up for you!
- Shaving your hair will make it grow back thicker – Shaving your hair will NOT make it grow back thicker! It has no effect on the thickness and when it starts to grow through it’s the prick of the thicker part of the hair shaft you are feeling. However, shaving doesn’t last very long so if you are looking for something that will last you a bit longer waxing is the way to go. It pulls the hair from the root and can also damage some of the hair follicles causing less hair to grow over time. For a more permanent solution laser hair removal is the best answer. It can be a bit painful, but in my opinion the end result is well worth it. No pain no gain right? Bodilight offers both of these treatments and will happily talk them through with you.
- Plucking grey hairs will cause 3 more to grow – This is physically impossible since you can’t not increase the number of hair follicles on your head as a result of plucking. I did worry about this one myself when those pesky greys started to appear and the temptation to pluck was too much! The problem with plucking though is you can damage the hair follicle resulting in the hair not re-growing so you can thin out your hair over time. The best thing to do is to hide those aging greys with some hair dye. There are so many on the market these days that you can choose anything from semi-permanent to permanent and there are some newer permanent ranges which are ammonia free for more sensitive scalps.
- Wrinkle creams do not work – This is false. The key is choosing a cream with the right ingredients. Really look into your product. Having the right active ingredients which are able to penetrate the skin can make a big difference. We are a big fan of the Environ anti-aging AVST range which contains a highly effect combination of vitamins and antioxidants brilliant for helping to maintain healthy, youthful skin.
- Eating Chocolate will give you spots – This is not a clear cut yes or no answer. Whilst many studies have shown that there is no direct link to chocolate and spots, it is found that the function of our sebaceous glands is effected by spiking sugar levels which in turn potentially aggravates acne. Therefore, it does makes sense to cut back on refined sugar like chocolate. Sorry!
- It is possible to get rid of cellulite – Unfortunately, there is no “miracle cure” for cellulite and a lot depends on your gene pool if you will or won’t get it. The fats deposit itself under the skin creating a lumpy texture. However, you can reduce the appearance with a good firming cream which contains caffeine tightening ingredients, creating a smoother appearance. The results can be quite subtle though. Another option is laser liposuction. Bodilight offers this revolutionary pain free treatment, which can liquefy the fat and help the skin to tighten, reducing the appearance of cellulite. It will also take inches off targeted areas for a dramatic result. A great temporary disguise for cellulite is fake tan. You can have a go using a self-tanner or come to the Bodilight clinic for a more professional job. We use very natural looking, top quality products which also contain restorative ingredients great for the skin. A perfect solution for holidays and special occasions when you have more skin showing and want to look your best.
- You should choose age specific skincare products – Many products are aimed at specific age groups, especially those over 50. Your age is Not a type of skin and a person in their 50s can have similar skin to someone in their 30s. It is however, wise to use products which target aging early on. It’s all about feeding your skin with the right vitamins and minerals just like you do with your body and food. Environ anti-aging AVST range contains all the vital vitamins and is fantastic for all ages. Our team at Bodilight would be happy to help talk you through which cream is best for your skin type.