Pimples or acne are caused by follicles in your skin getting clogged. Bacteria can build in these follicles which cause inflammation. Most young people have to deal with acne in their teen years and it usually settles down as we get older. However, for some it can be a life-long problem needing long-term care. Blocked pores leading to blackheads, inflammation and pimples can cause embarrassment and loss of self-confidence. Luckily there are effective ways of treating and concealing them.
- You can’t wash away your acne, but cleansing your skin once to twice and day can help prevent acne. Removing excess oil off your skin before it gets a chance to clog your pores. Sebuwash by Environ is a fantastic cleanser for oily and blemish prone skin. It has a mild pleasant fragrance and contains tea tree oil. It will gently remove excess oils and bacteria without drying out your skin and retains your natural ph balance. You can follow this with Sebutone toner which will refine and dehydrate blemish prone skin, giving a smoother appearance and natural glow.
- Giving yourself a weekly facial can also help keep acne under control. Cool Peel by Environ is an effective home facial peel. It is light treatment for skin rejuvenation as well as improving the appearance of aging or problematic skin. It can be applied to target areas or on the whole face. We recommend you treat yourself a facial once a week. Just before bed after removing all your makeup is a great time. If you feel like a bit of extra pampering come on down to our Bodilight clinic where we can provide a tailored facial experience to suit your skin type and needs.
- Keep your skin well moisturised. It is a misconception that your skin needs to be dried out to prevent spots. Moisturising your skin is not the same as oily pores. Using the right moisturiser will help nourish the skin and protect it from the environment. Add Environ’s A C & E oil to your favourite moisturiser (Environ vitamin A moisturiser is recommended). It will not only help to nourish and protect the skin, but also improve the appearance of fine lines and is great for problematic skin.
- Alternatively, you can go for a skin peel. These are used to exfoliate and smooth your skin. Bodilight offer an Agera RX skin peel which has numerous benefits including removing dead skin cells, eliminating fine lines and wrinkles and reducing acne.
- Use the correct cosmetics to hide acne. If you have pimples near your chin or mouth, avoid using bold lip colour. Avoid bronzers if your acne is worse around your cheeks and op for more pink-toned blushes to help blend in better. Pick a tinted concealer to offset the red of a pimple, usually one with a green undertone is recommended. Make sure you test it against your skin tone first.
At Bodilight we only use top quality products which we have thoroughly researched and tested. We offer the Environ skin care range as well as providing the revolutionary Environ Vitamin facials using the ‘DF lonzyme Machine’. You can purchase our products in Clinic or speak to one of our lovely team members who would be more than happy you advise you and choose the best treatment for you.